Fried Chicks Bacon Avocado Sammy
Years ago I met a lady who was all healthy and ate “fresh foods,” you know, shit like that? That was Rachael! Now several, several years later I finally understand fresh over canned, frozen, or whatever highly processed. Granted, we have areas in this world that fresh is hard to come by and I am sorry for you. Every state, country, region has their own staples or availability to fresh items. Look at the market in Mexico City, it’s HUGE and offers a wide variety of goods.
I digress, I have been or we have been on an avocado kick for years. Kids love it, Rachael loves if, I enjoy it from time to time. Shit you not both Atticus and Winter’s first soild food was avocado because, why not?
I am sure everyone is well aware of the trendiness of avocado toast? Good because this isn’t that. I love taking a mix of taste, texture, and overall appearance. Plus, lately I’ve been trying to make more outta what’s laying around verses buying groceries for special meals; shit adds up quick.
While I was working one day I came up with his delicious bite. Made it, love it, and started to make it at home with my own spin on it. Best of all most people have most the ingredients at home. Pancake mix, bread crumbs, olive oil, vegetables oils, milk, lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper, and mayo. You don’t? Why not?!? Clearly I left out meat and avocado since they have a shorter shelf life. But generally I have these somewhere around the house.
Time to get started.
8 buns (I used brioche)
4 chicken breast
1.5 cups pancake mix
.75 cup bread crumbs
1 bag bacon crumbs. Or cooked bacon slices.
1 cup milk
.25 cup olive oil
Lemon and lime juice to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil about half inch in a cast iron for frying!
- Cut chicken breast in half. Lay chicken flat and run knife down the center of the breast. Using your other hand to keep the breast flat and stationary by placing it on top.
- Preheat cooking oil to about 360-375
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper
- Combine salt and pepper, milk and olive oil in 8 inch cake pan
- Combine pancake mix and bread crumbs on a plate.
- Once oil is heated Put chicken fillets into milk mixture first, then pancake mixture.
- Place chicken in hot oil, two fillets at a time. Cook on first side until a darker golden brown.
- Be sure to watch the color, if you have to keep flipping it to avoid buring so be it. Make sure they temp out at 165 degrees.
- In the mean time, cut open the avocados into a bowl.
- Add lemon and lime juice and salt and pepper to your preference
- Using a fork mash and combine avocado ingredients it’s like a simple guacamole!!
- Toast buns in a toaster or however you choose.
- To the top bun apply mayo evenly then sprinkle bacon all over the mayo. Let the mayo grab onto that bacon.
- On the bottom bun put the avocado spread we made. Finish with a nice hot piece of that chicken upon the avocado.
- Flip top bun onto chicken and eat!
You can add lettuce or tomato or onions. Whatever you enjoy it.
Just remember be messy with it.